Well hello there 2019, you came in hot! New year, same me, new ambitions, more focus. I’m not a fan of resolutions and promises, but I do love some goals and goal planning. I’m not saying you have to make new goals at the beginning of the year, honestly you can start whenever, but I love the sense of a “reset button” that the new year provides you!
It’s time to say “This is what I want and I am going to get it!”. So let’s jump into 2019 with more focus to drive us to the goals we have in each aspect of our lives. Currently I have professional goals at work, but I wanted to share some personal ones with you all. Let’s jump into “business” first.
All Things Alicia Goals
My main goal for this blog in 2019 is creating a community and connecting with you guys! I want to be able to have a steady pulse on what you guys enjoy reading and seeing me share. Expect to see more polls, giveaways, and more consistent content. Especially content I’m passionate about, like the Local Spotlights! Get ready to learn a ton about local businesses, services, and organizations.
As for my social media presence, I’d love to bring you all more consistent content on my Instagram and Facebook page. My main goal will be creating a goal plan to do so that comes from a message and purpose. I don’t want to just put out content for the sake of it! I also want to share more about myself and push myself to do so on all of my platforms.
The biggest “theme” of my goals this very is finding the purpose behind each one and to ensure my intention is in the right place. I want to be able to know why I am doing something so clearly that it becomes a habit.
- Traveling: I love exploring new places and visiting familiar ones too and although I did that in 2018, I really want to travel to a few places on my “wish list”. I’ve had a list of places I’ve wanted to since Sophomore year in college and if I could even cross two places off this year, it would be a win for me!
- Reading: I am such a book worm and it brings me so much joy! Unfortunately, I have a handful of books still chilling in my Barnes & Noble cart online that I want to find time to read. This year it is my goal to commit at least 2 hours each Saturday or Sunday to a book. I want to carve out time for an activity that I love so much, that I almost categorize under my own type of self-care.
- Technology: If 2018 taught me anything, it’s that I was constantly ashamed of my screen time that my iPhone so graciously provided each week…and still does. I haven’t set a goal yet for my actual screen time usage, but I do want to stop using my phone at dinner and after 8pm. I think that I will begin plugging it in somewhere other than my nightstand and will set reminders on my phone to do so.
- Relationships: I am that friend that is always following your journey and rooting for you, but from afar. I’m not good at keeping contact with my friends and family and that’s changing in 2019! I am giving myself the goal of reaching out to someone and checking in each week. Whether it’s on my way home from work or it’s after church, I want to ensure the people I love in my life know how much their relationship means to me. This also goes for Dan as he travels for work. My love language is very much so quality time, so I want to make sure the time we spent together is intentional and appreciated.
- Health: Last one and the hardest one. My goal is to find a class or gym that I find joy with. I continue to want to improve my health and mobility and I have to put my heart into it. Finding a class or gym I enjoy I believe will truly change my motivation and help with my mental health as well. So here’s to 2019 and trying new things to find my best fit!
So that’s my list and I’m sure it’ll get longer throughout the year as I start accomplishing some of these. Thank you to everyone for following and supporting me as I started All Things Alicia in 2018! I am forever grateful and can’t wait to see the growth we go through together in 2019. I hope some of my goals help you build your own. Leave me a comment of a goal or two you have for 2019!
Ya’ll I can feel it, it’s our year- cliché I know, but I believe it!